Welcome to my homepage...
Below are links to several galleries, mostly containing
photographs of microscope slides with diatoms, both fossil and recent.
All slides shown are home made. A big thanks goes out to the people who kindly donated the raw material
that provided the diatoms in several of the galleries.
Photos and galleries are regularly added...
- March 23, 2013: Santa Monica Cal. locality slide
- February 13, 2013: one Oamaru (Forrester's Hill) locality slide
- May 7, 2012: Fairhave member locality slide and exhibition slide
- April 22, 2012: three slides with fossil diatoms from the Fairhaven Member
- February 6, 2012: Fairhaven member (Calvert Formation, Maryland), Malaga Cove, Terrebonne, Wadden Sea
- February 5, 2012: 3 recent type slides with Ugchelen diatoms
- March 2011: a new locality slide; Redondo California USA. 117 frustules; one floater....
- May 2010: another slide with fossil diatoms from Redondo, California USA
- October 6, 2009: 2 recent slides with diatoms from Saint-Laurent-la-Vernede, Gard, France
- January 2, 2009: 3 slides with diatoms from Forrester's Hill, Oamaru NZ
- August 28, 2008. Oamaru, Quiz slide & Mors diatoms
- June 8, 2008. Diatoms from Curaçao (recent) and Mors Denmark (fossil)
- January 31, 2008. Palos Verdes & Hoofdplaat diatoms, a new exhibition slide and some forams...
- October 29. Radiolaria (unknown preparer), and PV Sunnyfield Dr & Malaga Cove diatoms
- September 17. Toomebridge Northern Ireland (only 4 photos...)
- July 9, 2007. More Palos Verdes diatoms...
- June 1, 2007
- March 14, 2007
- Januari 12, 2007
marine diatoms from Palos Verdes peninsula (U.S.A.)
- fossil marine diatoms from Palos Verdes Peninsula (U.S.A); sample Sunnyfield Drive
- fossil marine
diatoms from Oamaru (New Zealand) locations Forrester's and Cormack's
marine diatoms from Newport Back Bay (U.S.A.)
- recent marine
diatoms from Hoofdplaat (Westerschelde estuary, province of Zeeland,
- fossil marine
diatoms from the island of Mors (Denmark)